Posts Tagged ‘Bracket’
The Other Side to March's "Madness"
Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription, It's been raining all day today (Friday) here in Knoxville, so I think it's perfect time to do this post, one I've been conjuring up for the past week. Tetracycline coupon, A couple of disclaimers: first, it has little or nothing to do with anything Tennessee-related; secondly, where can i order Tetracycline without prescription, Tetracycline mg, overall it just isn't going to be a happy post in any sense.
The NCAA Tournament is undoubtedly one of the greatest sporting events in the world. It's my favorite time of the year, Tetracycline gel, ointment, cream, pill, spray, continuous-release, extended-release, No prescription Tetracycline online, along with the fall of course. We all know why it's so great - a champion being determined on the court, Tetracycline dosage, Tetracycline dangers, players rising to the occasion, teams playing their best basketball, Tetracycline images, Online buying Tetracycline, schools you've never heard of putting a scare into a traditional power - so on and so forth. The office pool phenomenon is second to Super Bowl parties in sports-related hooplas, comprar en línea Tetracycline, comprar Tetracycline baratos. Everybody loves it and says that's what makes college basketball so much fun to watch.
However, there's a bad side to just about everything, and the NCAA Tournament/March Madness, Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription. Tetracycline used for, And it's one I've come to realize this past March more than ever before.
You see, I chose not to fill out a bracket this year, where can i find Tetracycline online. Tetracycline over the counter, I was in the middle of one on the eve of first round Thursday, but stopped midway and erased what I had done, discount Tetracycline. Tetracycline treatment, Why. I wanted to see what watching the tournament and not worrying about if I picked the right team would be like, about Tetracycline. Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription, I wanted to watch it just to watch it for once. Tetracycline duration, Sure, I had my champion (Louisville) and felt confident in the picks I made, Tetracycline alternatives, Ordering Tetracycline online, but I figured I'd take a break.
Aside from always rooting for the upset, I've come to the conclusion that the NCAA Tournament is just as cruel and saddening as it is exciting and fun, buy Tetracycline online cod. Tetracycline price, To answer your obvious questions: yes, I know this isn't earth-shattering news (I see all two of you out there reading this going "Duh, Tetracycline cost, Tetracycline pictures, moron...") or anything. And no, Tetracycline street price, Order Tetracycline no prescription, it doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching the event.
But whether or not you've really noticed it before, you see it every game: a late game shot of the loser's star player or players on the bench with towels covering their faces, fast shipping Tetracycline, Online Tetracycline without a prescription, hiding their emotions from the millions watching. Players getting subbed out, Tetracycline use, Tetracycline without a prescription, some for the last time - in a 25-point blowout loss to a powerhouse - embracing their coaches and teammates. And sometimes it's players standing in shock after a last-second loss, hands over the heads or lying on the floor facedown, prostrate with emotions after a close loss.
They say you are judged on what you do in March, Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription. But the truth is that for about 98% of every Division I team, Tetracycline pharmacy, Kjøpe Tetracycline på nett, köpa Tetracycline online, the season concludes on the losing end. All but one team loses in March, purchase Tetracycline. Order Tetracycline online overnight delivery no prescription, Seniors graduate after four years, their last memories of college basketball filled with pain from leaving it all on the floor - and coming up short, Tetracycline online cod. Online buy Tetracycline without a prescription, Hours and hours and years of practice and work to reach the goal of winning a championship come to a cruel and heart-wrenching end - that is inevitable for most.
Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription, Great, successful accomplishments of being one of 65 teams competing for a championship end in heartbreak and despair - even for small-conference teams who consider reaching the big stage the ultimate goal. From first-time tournament participants to major conference champions, doses Tetracycline work, Tetracycline description, a loss is almost the guaranteed ending. The slight beauty to all of this is the wide variety of stories for each of these different losers, Tetracycline reviews. Buy cheap Tetracycline, For example:
• Wake Forest reached the top of the polls in late January and you heard "Final Four" and "championships" mentioned in the same breath. The Deacons lost their next game at home to NIT-bound Virginia Tech, get Tetracycline, played .500 ball down the stretch, and saw Friday flameouts in double-digits losses to Maryland and Cleveland State in the ACC and NCAA Tournaments.
• Clemson looked poised to shake off its label as a fast-starter/poor-finisher after pounding Duke at home. The Tigers then proceeded to finish just 9-7 in the ACC, and went 0-2 in the postseason with losses to Georgia Tech and a desperate comeback come up short against Michigan.
• Florida State made its first tournament in 11 years and got a reasonable draw against a bubbly Wisconsin team, Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription. The Noles then watched as Badger guard Trevon Hughes completed a circus three-point play to end FSU's breakthrough year in a single play.
[caption id="" align="alignright" width="198" caption="After his first round heroics stunned Ohio State, Ronald Moore and Siena ran out of gas against Louisville, falling short of the Sweet 16 for a second consecutive year"][/caption]
• Ohio State had Siena beat on a couple occasions, only to watch as Ronald Moore drilled his only two threes of the game at the end of the first and second OTs. Boom, see ya, Buckeyes. Likewise, the Saints looked like they were going to shock Louisville in the second round - only to see the Cards close the game on a 20-9 run. It's midnight, Cinderella.
• Western Kentucky appeared to have risen from dead against Gonzaga late, and tied the game on a tip-in by Steffphon Pettigrew with 7.2 seconds. Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription, Problem is, the Zags' Demetri Goodson needed just 6.5 to race down the other way and send the Toppers home.
• League champions Washington (Pac-10) and LSU (SEC) saw unlikely conference title seasons come up short of the Tournament's second weekend in valiant efforts that came up short against Purdue and North Carolina.
• VCU senior Eric Maynor's last shot as a college player. A missed game-winner against UCLA, similar to the one he made against Duke two years before that etched his name in March lore.
• Quite possibly the most devastating: mid-major conference champions who play guarantee games in November and December (aka, 30-point losses in exchange for money) and go unheard from for the entire season. Their seasons basically come down to three or four days at conference tournament neutral sites, for that one and only shot to reach your brackets. Most get there and are humbled, as was predominantly the case this year. After just one game, one shot at becoming the next Davidson, George Mason, or Valparaiso, they return to the abyss of obscurity.
For some teams, just reaching the field of 65 qualifies as a great season. For others, a first-round exit crushes hopes of a longer stay, leaving bitter tastes into the offseason and summer doldrums, Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription. As you go to the second weekend of the Tournament, dreams of reaching the Final stage become more real - only to be crushed by an untimely poor performance.
When I saw Memphis junior Shawn Taggart crying into his towel in the final moments of the Tigers' loss to Missouri, my initial thought was one of ridicule - I wanted to laugh, because honestly seeing Memphis fail makes me happy. But I caught myself, and I can honestly, sincerely say I felt for him. It's like that nearly every one of the Tournament's 64 games.
So as you're watching Saturday's and Sunday's Elite 8 games - what promises to be two days of excellent basketball - keep in mind this cruel, darker side of the wonder that is March Madness.
Images Courtesy of: AP / Paul Sakuma • AP / Paul Sakuma • AP / Ed Zurga • AP / Al Behrman • AP / Orlin Wagner • AP / Mark J. Terrill.
Similar posts: Retin-A For Sale. Buy Atarax Without Prescription. Flexeril For Sale. Buy Levaquin Without Prescription. Metronidazole Gel For Sale. Is Proscar addictive. Female Pink Viagra steet value. Australia, uk, us, usa. Vibramycin without a prescription. Flonase over the counter.
Trackbacks from: Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription. Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription. Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription. Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription. Buy Tetracycline Without Prescription. Buy cheap Tetracycline no rx. Purchase Tetracycline online no prescription. Tetracycline dose. Viagra wiki. Diflucan overnight.
Atenolol For Sale, For those of you that thought the tyrannical lawvol had kicked me out of the Gate, well, I'm sorry but I'm still here. Atenolol from canada, I haven't posted in a really long time, more or less because I haven't had much to say, Atenolol for sale. Order Atenolol online c.o.d, It's not that there has been nothing to write about - because there certainly has - but my already limited creativity was pretty low. The juices of my mind weren't flowing, Atenolol blogs. Online buying Atenolol hcl, At all. I also am taking a sports writing class in which two of our last three assignments have been of the column genre - or what I more or less view as a much more formal post I would do here, Atenolol For Sale. Lame I know...
And honesty, Atenolol price, coupon, Online buy Atenolol without a prescription, much of what I would have been posting about - Tennessee' basketball team - would have been a repeat of what I've said in the past. This team has the talent, purchase Atenolol for sale, Atenolol australia, uk, us, usa, they're just not playing together. They're just not playing with much heart, Atenolol blogs. My Atenolol experience, The defense is bad. They can't shoot Atenolol For Sale, . So on an so forth.
Yet what I saw Sunday afternoon on my TV as the Vols beat Florida was a team playing inspired and playing team basketball at both ends of the court, Atenolol no rx. Atenolol cost, It helps when you hit 10 three-pointers, yes, purchase Atenolol online, Buy Atenolol without a prescription, but it also helps when you're relatively open, as Tennessee has been in both meetings with the Gators this season, what is Atenolol. Where can i find Atenolol online, And even though there were the usual moments of defensive lapses, failures to rebound Florida's missed shots, Atenolol without a prescription, Atenolol interactions, and a little dicey from the free throw line at the end - you knew Tennessee wasn't going to lose.
So now - after the embarrassing losses to Kentucky and the road debacles at Ole Miss and Auburn (who should thank us for jump-starting this run they're on) - the Vols play South Carolina basically for the East Division, Atenolol For Sale. Buy no prescription Atenolol online, No, it's not the overall SEC title, Atenolol natural, Atenolol recreational, but at least winning that will make up for the tougher moments this year. There's also seeding in the NCAA Tournament to play for, purchase Atenolol. Atenolol canada, mexico, india, A little win streak to close the season out could bump Tennessee to a five or six seed, where you can avoid meeting a two in the second round (or a top seed if you're in the 8-9 game).
Something else to keep in mind is SEC Tournament seeding/byes, Atenolol price, coupon. Cheap Atenolol, A win over the Chickens would all but secure a first round bye next week in Tampa (why they're playing the thing there I'll never know, but at least it's not in the Georgia Dome), buy Atenolol without prescription, After Atenolol, and the East's top seed would be Tennessee's with two wins and a loss by Kentucky (likely at Florida this Saturday). Getting that spot - or really the third spot in the East - would set up ideally for Tennessee.
Atenolol For Sale, That would the Vols on the opposite side of the bracket from LSU, or on the side with Auburn. A bye means the Vols would likely face either Vandy or one of the Mississippi schools in the quarters and either Auburn or Florida/Kentucky in the semis, get Atenolol. Atenolol use, Playing the first day isn't ideal, but it's the same general route, Atenolol class. Atenolol dangers, However, this is a selfish point of view, buy cheap Atenolol, Atenolol mg, because if there's one team I want to play for revenge purposes, it's Auburn.
Then again, online buying Atenolol, Atenolol long term, it's the SEC Tournament. If we didn't have to play in it at all, Atenolol australia, uk, us, usa, Atenolol from mexico, that would probably be best..
So can Tennessee put two solid games together on the road. Pssshhh, like any of us know which team's gonna show up tomorrow night, Atenolol For Sale. We've seen the good (Florida, canada, mexico, india, Marquette), the bad (the Meeks game, losing twice to Gonzaga, blowing the game LSU gave us), and the ugly (Oxford, Auburn, Lexington).
On a side note, I would like to say that we're now beginning my personal most favorite time of the year, possibly including football season (which depends on Tennessee's record...). The earliest of the conference tournaments began last night, and though it's a bunch of schools you probably didn't even know were Division I, the dynamic of eight, ten, twelve teams and their fans converging onto one particular site after two-plus months of beating each other up and playing for their seasons and just the mere opportunity to appear in the bracket intrigues me like almost nothing else.
I would venture to say it - Championship Week, as it's called (it's longer than a week) - is almost more fun than the NCAA Tournament itself. Most people have no clue there's actually 340+ Division I schools in basketball, and 200-something of them are playing for maybe 10 spots and just maybe a week of being in the spotlight. And who knows, some of these teams might be the ones the pull the upsets that ruin your brackets.
Just wanted to throw that out there. If you're interested, you would probably enjoy this site, which is one guy basically covering those other 200+ schools you've never heard of. It's actually pretty cool and the the writing is high-quality.
And finally, as I mentioned before, I'll be better about this whole posting-on-a-regular-basis thing - so once again, sorry if you thought you'd seen the last of me...
Images Courtesy of: xx • xx • xx.
Similar posts: Buy Flexeril Without Prescription. Macrobid For Sale. Buy Quinine Without Prescription. Buy Pristiq Without Prescription. Levaquin For Sale. Flexeril dose. Slimex (Obetrim) dosage. Buy Diflucan online cod. Fast shipping Nasonex. Where can i order Lexapro without prescription.
Trackbacks from: Atenolol For Sale. Atenolol For Sale. Atenolol For Sale. Atenolol For Sale. Atenolol For Sale. Allopurinol gel, ointment, cream, pill, spray, continuous-release, extended-release. Cipro from canadian pharmacy. Differin duration. Kjøpe Estrace Vaginal Cream på nett, köpa Estrace Vaginal Cream online. Flagyl trusted pharmacy reviews.
Ahh, the Joys of the NCAA Tournament Selection Process...
A few links worth looking at from across the blogosphere...
- A great discussion on the competition ala Print Media vs. Bloggers -- World According to MoonDog
- An open letter to Ashley Alexandra "Kristen" Dupre and a Little Celebration at the Dawgs winning the SEC Tournament -- Hey Jenny Slater
- Pat Summitt loves putting the screws to Geno Auriema for using ESPN’s front-office as a recruiting tool -- ESPN (HT to Loser With Socks)
- A bevy of thoughts from the monkey house on the NCAA Bracket and Tennessee’s fortunes: The Bruce Ball Blog Part 1 & Part Deux, Spirit of the Hill, Rocky Top Talk, Fulmer’s Belly, Third Saturday in Blogtober, The Power T, The Tennessean, and everyone GoVolsXtra could find
In the unlikely event that anyone cares, here’s my bracket (at least the one I’m claiming publicly, that is):
Yeah, yeah, go ahead and laugh it up...
- A podcast on getting to know the American University Eagles -- Rocky Top Talk
- An addictive time waster on learning how not to fly a helicopter -- Fulmer’s Belly
- Awww, Florida has to go to the NIT -- Orange and Blue Hue
- WVU’s Noel Devine claims that his misdemeanor battery is a mistake (it wasn’t him, it was the one-armed man) -- Wizard of Odds
- Something Reeks in Ann Arbor -- Get the Picture
- A Little Saint Patrick’s Day Wish for You All -- Kissing Suzy Kolber
- Why some people think that Bob Costas is a Douchebag -- Epic Carnival
- Ahh yes, the joys of Rivalry, Buckeyes Rejoice at the Emasculation of Mee-shee-gun -- Eleven Warriors
- Another Reason to Love CraigsList: "To the Guy Doing My Wife..." -- CraigsList (HT Deuce of Davenport)
- A real find ... The Application for Admission to Duke’s Flopping Camp -- Brahsome
- And finally, A few ESPN highlights of everyone’s favorite grandpa, Bobby Knight -- Awful Announcing
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSfDbmh93VU[/youtube]For more Bobby Knight clips, check out Gate 21’s videos over on the right sidebar... (yeah, that’s right, over there >>>>)
Image Courtesy of: LOL Jocks
Well, the final brackets are out...
Despite having the No. 1 RPI and Strength of Schedule Rating, the BasketVols were not awarded a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. As Fulmer’s Belly, the Bruce Ball Blog, and 3rd Saturday in Blogtober all pointed out, that sucks. There really isn’t much more to be said about it, and at this point complaining further is -- essentially -- pointless. It ticks me off, but there’s nothing to be done about it now. I suppose we got one-upped by the "regal" basketball schools. Still as the blogs above point out, along with my man Basilio, any other school with Tennessee’s resume this season would have been a lock. There’s only one thing to do now...
...make them all regret passing us over.
Anyway, you can get a look at the full bracket here, and feel free to print it out to use for your office pool, for writing your grocery list, or for papering a bird cage...
2008 NCAA Tournament Bracket
For those of you out there who have nothing better to do, feel free to join in Rocky Top Talk’s ESPN Tournament Bracket Challenge along with a whole bunch of Tennessee bloggers and other members of the nuthouse. You can learn how by sliding over to RTT and reading Joel’s remarkably well-written instructions on joining in the fun.
Once I’ve had a chance to digest the whole thing, I’ll be posting my bracket so everyone in the blogsphere will be able to make fun of how bad I am at picking winners...
On a completely different note, I'd like to congratulate the Georgia Bulldogs and head coach Dennis Felton on winning the SEC Tournament. The Bulldogs showed a lot of heart in managing to bring home the Tournament crown. Best wishes to the Dawgs in the NCAA Tournament.