The Dr. Z Award
- Sunday Morning Quarterback: An amazing insight into statistics for all the major teams across the country, with real analysis (as opposed to simply ranting and raving). Since I can hardly add, I sometimes get lost in the crush, but a fabulous blog for statistical info.
- Garnet and Black Attack: The Blog Poll master for the SEC. Always good on the breakdown and the info on statistics and numbers.
- Bruce Ball Blog: More statistics and insight than I've ever seen on Tennessee and SEC Basketball. Consistently in step with the game schedule, and always looking into the various numbers behind the game. Even analyzing some stats that I can't eve figure out. Solid blog.
Best Regular Feature
- Rocky Top Talk -- "Animated Poll": I love these. Every week a different animated gag as the various teams race their way to the finish line. Some make it, some don't.
Keith Jackson Circa 1995 Award
- Third Saturday in Blogtober: A great blog which has contributions from both Tennessee and Alabama fans. Regularly updated with really solid articles, which are extremely well written, can be really funny, and which have real substance (as opposed to simply looking good like my blog ... oh well). I especially loved their "interviews" with the SEC coaches this year. My favorite "reading" blog, with great writing.
Best SEC Blog
- SEC Football Blogger: More video than you can could possibly watch, and I love the fact that SECFB breaks things down into school based categories, instead of the shotgun approach. Really solid content, and regular updates. A very solid blog which has both "serious" and "humorous" stories.
- Best of the SEC Blogs: Literally it's like SportsCenter for the SEC. Serves as sort of a clearinghouse of information on the SEC as seen through the eyes of bloggers.
- Loser With Socks: Although they have that Angry Eer over at LWS, they still are dedicated to covering the SEC more than most, and from a biting, humorous perspective.
- Everyday Should be Saturday: Another great resource for SEC fans far and wide, also from an often tongue-in-cheek perspective.
The Trev Alberts Quits To Do Construction Award
- Loser With Socks: Never fails to point out bad behavior, humorous stories, and flame any and all teams on the planet. Great use of Photoshop magic (including the "Tebow wears Jorts" posts) and generally just damn funny.
Best Big East Blog
- West By God! Virginia: An angry and flaming view on West Virginia's Mountaineers. Good content, regularly updated, and quoted widely
Best ACC Blog
Best New Blog
- SEC Football Blogger: New in 2007, SEC Football Blogger has come on with a lot of content very quickly. A substantial readership with regular updates. On the whole, if I didn't know better, I would have assumed that it had been around a lot longer that it has.
Best Big Ten Blog
- Busted Coverage (formerly known as "Big Ten Tailgate"): To me, this blog should win this category hands down. Why? After having a run-in with the Big Ten and it's lawyers in which the conference made them remove all references to the Big Ten Conference, the name and site changed. To me, there would be nothing better than having the new "Busted Coverage" win the award for best Big Ten blog -- just to piss off the lawyers at the conference. On a more substantive note, this is a great blog which has a bevy of hilarious content: from videos, to insights, to eye-candy, and everything in between. A really solid blog which would also win the award for "Drunkest Blog" were that a category.
Brady Quinn Award (Prettiest Blog)
- Men of the Scarlet and Gray: A really attractive blog which has a great presentation with little icons and all of that. Great design, and a pleasure to look at.
- Fulmer's Belly: Another really well assembled and attractive blog. Very nice layout which is extremely clean and uncluttered. It even has an animated favicon.
Tyrone Prothro Award (Best Individual Post)
- Third Saturday in Blogtober - "Interviews with SEC Coaches": I just love this post -- as funny as it is believable. A must read which is very well done.
Jenn Sterger Award (Best Photoshop Gag)
- Loser With Socks - "Tebow Wears Jorts": To me, this was golden. This got picked up by blogs across the country, and even by SI.com. I think this one wins hands down, just because a lot of folks actually believed it was the real thing. In addition to that, LWS did a ton of other great Farks, which add to its right to win the whole thing.
- LSU Freek's Farks would be my second choice, just because of the number and quality of these, he posts a variety of places though, so it's hard to say where that award should be placed
Best Multimedia Thing
- SEC Football Blogger - "Mike Gundy as the Weatherman": Hilarious rendition of weather report as done by Mike Gundy
- CSTV - Nick Saban on Britney Spears: Not sure if this one counts or not, but Nick talking about Britney Spears is priceless.
- Digital Headbutt: It's hard to be a happy blogger when you are a UNC Football fan, but Digital Headbutt manages to do it.
Mythical National Champion / People's Choice Award
- Sunday Morning Quarterback: More coverage, more analysis, more great posts than anyone. Love it.
- Go Figure …
8 Responses to “2007 CFB Award Nominations: Updated”
Leave a Reply
Additional comments powered by BackType